- Can you bequeath your iTunes collection in your will?
- Does anyone know you have Bitcoins or money in a PayPal account?
- If you’ve accumulated virtual wealth in a massive multiplayer online game is that part of your estate and can you be cashed out?
- Can loved ones get copies of your Facebook photos and videos?
- What happens to your wedding videos, holiday snaps, data, email or social media accounts? More importantly, what do you want to happen? Do you want them archived, deleted, passed on?
If you’ve given these issues so much as a second thought you’re in the minority although with digital participation continuing to grow rapidly and an increasingly ageing online population that will shift.
It may seem incredulous to those still anchored to the view that social media is a young person’s game that the fastest growing social media demographic is 50 plus.
Your can read the rest of this post here at Smart Company.